On Scene Training Associates, LLC is proud to announce that the 7th Annual Berks County H.O.T. Fire Weekend will be held at the Berks County Fire Training Center in Reading, Pennsylvania on October 13-15, 2017.
Registration deadline is 10-1-2017
This training opportunity is open to firefighters and departments nationwide and provides true Hands-On evolutions not found anywhere else in the region. All of the instructors provide real-world experience in each topic and scenario presented.
Call-In Reservations @ 1-877-814-2538 and reference “Berks County Fire Training Weekend” or Group Code: BCF.
For more information regarding your company’s or individual involvement with this years Fire Weekend, please contact :
Aaron Heller (609) 743-0166
The Berks County HOT Fire Weekend has a new look for 2017.
This year On Scene Training Associates, LLC presents a weekend focused on Firefighter Survival and the Rapid Intervention Company. This weekend includes Friday night opening ceremonies at the Crown Plaza Hotel in (Reading, Pennsylvania) with a short memorial service to our fallen instructor EJ Mascaro, followed by a keynote presentation by Assistant Chief Jim Crawford of the Midway, SC Fire & Rescue. Chief Crawford is a retired assistant chief of the Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire and a longtime innovator of Firefighter Survival / RIT training throughout the nation and has led the RIT Combat Drills Hands-On Training program at FDIC since its inception. He has commanded RIT operations in real life Mayday incidents and will share his experience as a firefighter, company officer, and chief on these complex incidents.
Saturday is a 3-track program consisting of:
- Track 1 consists of Hands-On Survival / RIT skills stations for the HOT participants.
- Track 2 consists of a classroom & practical field evolutions for officers to command the RIT during firefighter MAYDAY incidents.
- Track 3 is for the Junior / Probie attendees and will consist of evolutions designed to prepare these firefighters to serve as outside assistants for the RIT personnel committed to firefighter rescue.
Sunday is a 3-track program consisting of:
- Hands-On RIT under Fire- HOT Attendees will be broken into individual RIT’s and complete several real-time RIT rescues under fire conditions.
- Commanding the RIT- Officers in this track will serve as the Incident Commanders, Safety Officers, and Operations Officers commanding the HOT RIT Under Fire Evolutions with the guidance and assistance of the OSTA instructor team.
- Junior / Probie- Attendees will complete exterior, non-idlh evolutions in conjunction with the HOT RIT rescues being completed.